Friday, May 06, 2005

Sock Mystery

Friday and Tuesday are laundry days. This keeps the dirty laundry at a manageable level. I have seven laundry baskets, one for each member of the family and one for sheets and towels. As I pull stuff out of the dryer I sort it. It usually takes a day (or two) for it all to be put away.

The other day I encountered this sock.

normal sock
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It is a perfectly normal sock with a hole in the heel. I generally chuck them when they get to this point.

Then you flip it over.

mutant sock
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


Good lord! What happened? Here is the sock again with Jake modeling it.


Jake the sock model
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


We do have a puppy in the house, but I really don’t think he did this. It doesn’t look like the jaws of destruction’s work. When he has unfettered access to an object it gets completely destroyed. This has just a bunch of nibble holes. Generally I’m the one who rescues objects and I have yet to have fished a sock out of John’s mouth.

I guess this will have to remain a mystery.

Farewell sock, you had served us well.

No comments: