Friday, May 13, 2005

All Tucked In

I thought I would share an update on Max and Rebecca and their sleeping arrangements. Originally, as posted here, Rebecca thought the blanket and the quilt she selected were an evil, horrible conspiracy by mommy. Eventually, as written here, I was able to get her blanket on her bed. I even progressed so far as to get her quilt on.

Every night, before I stagger off to sleep, I check all my children. I like to place a hand on them to check their breathing. It’s a habit from when they were infants and I can’t seem to break it. It has even gathered strength since Max was diagnosed with CF. One time I got quite a shock when I went to check Rebecca and she wasn’t in her crib. After some frantic searching I found her under her crib.

Four nights ago as I was doing my nightly bed check when I found this:


sleepingBaba
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


Previously she and Max would only sleep on top of their bedding, wrapped in their blankies. But there she was, all tucked in bed. When I had put her to bed earlier she was on top. At some point she wiggled in under her sheet.

Max on the other hand...


sleepingMax
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

Well he seems to be in no hurry to be tucked into bed.

No comments: